This week Omni Learning Centre hosted an open house to introduce their new makerover to the public.
They have just undergone a tranformationw ith freshly painted walls and new toys and furniture. They have three rooms that focus on the way children learn and interact with their environment. Pictured below, from left to right is the Motor Room, The classroom and the gym.
At the Open house they have a visit from Snow White and also offered a Toy Sale from which the proceeds will help them continue to develop their space.
Omni Learning Centre have a wonderful set of program goal for their preschool children!
"1. "To provide opportunities for meaningful play that is based on the child's individual needs, interests, abilities and that will build important foundations for future skills.
2. To expand a child's awareness of himself and his world around himby creating an environment suited for the implementation for a planned educational curriculum.
3. To provide opportunities for parents to grow in their understanding of child development and child management techniques; as well as opportunities to meet other parents who have as their common concern the interests and needs of the preschool child.
4. To help contribute to the wholesome growth and development of the children of the community, while meeting the needs of the college for an Early Childhood Education facility for preschool teachers in training.
5. To develop the necessary skills required for each child to have success when moving on to the formal school environment."
One awesome thing that makes Omni Learning Centre stand out from others is that every day they have a structured daily schedule to help children get into the rhythm of what it is like to be in school while still offering lots of free time. Here is what they daily schedule looks like;
8:50am/12:50pm Arrival / Motor Room
– discussions, calendar, weather, letter, sign, colour
9:30am/1:30pm Classroom Time
– the children will have the time to explore the learning centers around the room
10:15am/2:15pm Washroom Routine
10:25am/2:25pm Snack Time
10:40am/2:40pm Return to Play
– large group activity
11:00am/3:00pm Gross Motor Time
– motor room or gym
If you are looking for a preschool program check out http://omnilearningcentre.com/